What is Gift Aid?
Gift Aid is a scheme that allows charities to reclaim tax on a donation made by a UK taxpayer, which means your donations will be worth 25% more to us at no extra cost to you. If you Gift Aid your donations, we can claim back from the government 25p for every £1 you donate. This additional income really does make a big difference, so if you are eligible, please fill in a Gift Aid form here:
What we need to claim Gift Aid
- Your full name and home address
- A donation made from a personal bank or building society account
- We can’t claim Gift Aid on donations from company accounts. The donation must be your own money and not the proceeds of a collection.
- For you to be paying income tax or capital gains tax which at least equals the amount the BHF and other charities and community amateur sports clubs will claim in the appropriate tax year (6 April one year to 5 April the next). This is currently 25p for every £1 you give.
- Using the declaration form, we can claim Gift Aid on all your donations in the last 4 years and all future donations.
- Once you have become a Gift Aid donor, please let us know if you stop paying tax or if you change your name/address so that we can update our records.